[staff name=”Dr. Steven Shaw ” position=”Director and Chiropractic Orthopedist” img=”https://secureservercdn.net/184.108.40.206/2kl.884.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/PHOTO_steve.jpg”]
[quote style=”2″] After over three decades of treating injured patients I’ve come to appreciate that every patient is unique even though many have similar injuries. At the Shaw Chiropractic Group offices we treat every patient as an individual with unique needs. We do everything we can to meet their needs and expectations.[/quote]
- SHAW CHIROPRACTIC OFFICES, New Britain, Hartford, East Hartford, Middletown Connecticut. March 1989- Present, Private practice.
- MAGNETECH DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING, INC., Lincoln Park, NJ. October 1987- 1990, President; Chief of Thermography and Evoked Potential Laboratory.
- SHAW CHIROPRACTIC NORTH, Haverstraw, New York. March 1987- August 1989, private practice.
- WEST HUDSON CHIROPRACTIC, Englewood, New Jersey. January 1987-January 1989, private practice.
- SHAW CHIROPRACTIC, Orangeburg, New York. December 1984- June 1987, private practice.
- LIFE CHIROPRACTIC COLLEGE CLINIC, Marietta, Georgia. June 1981 to September 1984, student doctor.
- LYNN UNIVERSITY – Completed Masters Degree program in Biomechanical Trauma; 12/20/2000
- TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY Completed “Collision Analysis for Medical Physicians” Certification Program, 11/21/98.
- NORTHWEST COLLEGE COLLEGE OF CHIROPRACTIC- Completed certification program leading toward Certified Chiropractic Spinal Trauma specialist. June 1997
- NEW YORK CHIROPRACTIC COLLEGE, Completed post graduate certification program in Acupuncture. Certified by the International Academy of Medical Acupuncture 1997
- UNIVERSITY OF BRIDGEPORT COLLEGE OF CHIROPRACTIC, Completed 150 hour post graduate program in Acupuncture. Acupractice 2012
- PHYSICIANS ACADEMY OF ADVANCED DIAGNOSTIC AND CLINICAL PROCEDURES, Completed 300 hr post graduate program leading towards fellowship status with the academy. June 1993- June 1996
- NEW YORK CHIROPRACTIC COLLEGE, Completed 135 hours of post graduate Electrodiagnostics Certification program. September 92- June 93.
- ALBANY MEDICAL COLLEGE, weekly participation in neurology residency program for electromyography and electrophysiology, non-matriculated. March 1990-March 1991.
- NEW YORK CHIROPRACTIC COLLEGE, Completed post graduate program in Thermography. February 88- October 88.
- NATIONAL COLLEGE OF CHIROPRACTIC, Completed post graduate diplomat program in chiropractic orthopedics. October 1984- July 1987.
- LIFE CHIROPRACTIC COLLEGE, 1981 to 1984. Doctorate degree in Chiropractic
- ROCKLAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE 1980-1981.
- PLATTSBURGH STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK, 1978-1980.
- BRENAU COLLEGE, 1983-1984 120 hour program in physiotherapy
- ERHARDT X-RAY PROGRAM, 100 hours of post graduate radiology, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Licensed Chiropractor in the states of New York, New Jersey, Puerto Rico and Connecticut.
- Diplomate, American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedists (recertified 2002)
- Diplomate, National Board of Chiropractic examiners
- Fellow, Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedists
- International Academy of Clinical Acupuncture
- International Academy of Medical Acupuncture
- Fellow of the California Thermographic Society
- Board Certified Clinical Thermographer (International Academy of Clinical Thermography)
- ACA Council on Chiropractic Orthopedics
- American Chiropractic Association
- International Chiropractic Association
- Acupuncture- Over 300 post graduate hours
- Orthopedic- Impairment Rating – 3rd, 3rd revised, 4th, 5th and 6th edition of the AMA Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment
- Orthopedic- Neurological Testing
- Orthopedic- L-Spine, Pelvis Hip
- Orthopedic- Shoulder Elbow Wrist and Hand
- Orthopedic- Low Back Symposium
- Orthopedic- Knee, Ankle, Foot
- Orthopedic- Clinical Diagnosis
- Orthopedic- Roentgenology
- Orthopedic- Immobilization
- Orthopedic- Correlative Orthopedics
- Orthopedic- Cervical Spine
- Orthopedic- Peripheral Vascular Diagnosis
- Basic Evoked Potentials- BAER, SSEP,VER (Cadwell)
- Advanced Evoked Potentials- Dermatomal, Segmental, P-300, ENG, ERG (Cadwell)
- Advanced Evoked Potentials in Clinical Neurophysiology (Harvard)
- Advanced Electromyography in Clinical Neurophysiology (Harvard)
- Electrodiagnosis: Dx of Radiculopathies
- Electrodiagnosis: Nerve Conduction Velocity of Upper Extremities
- Electrodiagnosis: Needle Electromyography of Upper Extremities and Spine
- Electrodiagnosis: Somatosensory Evoked Potential of Upper Extremities
- Electrodiagnosis: Integration of Upper Extremity Electrophysiologic Studies
- Electrodiagnosis: Needle Electromyography of Upper Extremity and Lumbar Spine
- Electrodiagnosis: Somatosensory Evoked Potentials of Lower Extremities
- Electrodiagnosis: Integration of Lower Extremity Electrophysiologic Studies
- Electrodiagnosis: Diagnosis of Specific Disorders
- Whiplash: The Masters Program: Session I – Spine Research Institute of San Diego
- Whiplash: The Masters Program: Session II – Spine Research Institute of San Diego
- Whiplash: The Masters Program: Session III – Spine Research Institute of San Diego
- Whiplash: The Masters Program: Session IV – Spine Research Institute of San Diego
- Whiplash: The Masters Program: Advanced Program – Spine Research Institute of San Diego
- Spinal Trauma- Trauma Neurology
- Spinal Trauma- Soft Tissue Injury and Repair
- Spinal Trauma- Injury Physics and Vehicular trauma
- Spinal Trauma- Imaging in Trauma Management
- Spinal Trauma- Clinical Trauma Management I
- Spinal Trauma- Expert Witness Testimony
- Spinal Trauma- Clinical Trauma Management II
- Spinal Trauma- Clinical Trauma Management III
- Spinal Trauma- Medical Jurisprudence
- Spinal Trauma- Low Velocity Biomechanical Injury
- Manipulation Under Anesthesia (recertified 2006)
- Video Fluoroscopy
- MRI Interpretation – advanced training
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound – (Terason)
- Thermography- Academy of Neuromuscular Thermography training
- Thermography Program (New York Chiropractic)
- Functional Capacity Evaluation (Matheson)
- Functional Capacity Testing (J-Tech)
- Interventional Pain Management Cadaver Program (SPPM)
- Work Site Evalauation (J-Tech)
- Certified Breath Alcohol Testing (Amerilabs)
- Anti-Aging Medicine
- Functional Medicine University – 200 Hour online training program covering functional medicine topics
- DOT and Industrial Physicals (Amerilabs)
- DOT and Industrial Health Screenings (Amerilabs)
- Clinical Thermography Associates
- Electromyography and Nerve Conduction Velocity (Roger Nelson)
- Thompson Technique
- Pierce-Stillwagon Technique
- Nimmo Receptor Tonus Technique
- Peripheral Vascular Disorders Symposium
- H I O Technique
- Sacro Occipital Technique
- Cox Flexion Distraction Technique
- Interspecies Adjusting Technique
- Gonstead Technique
- Applied Kinesiology
- Activator Technique
- Integrated Methods Technique
- Personal Injury and Court Appearance
- Permanent Impairment Rating
- Cranial Adjusting
- Physical Therapy
- Kelly Insurance Seminars
- Kelly Personal Injury Seminars
- BICS seminar
- Motion Palpation
- Collision Analysis for the Medical Practitioner
- Botanical Medicine
- Certified Impairment Evaluator, American Board of Forensic Professionals
- Proficient in conversational Spanish